Current, powered by GE, has an audacious goal – to deliver “energy as a service” and enable a diverse set of customers from retail to healthcare to government to better understand and proactively manage their energy consumption. To do so, Current needed a platform that could support highly granular rating and billing of power usage while also providing insights into the economics of power consumption. The selection of goTransverse as its rating and billing vendor provides Current with the following benefits:
- Acceleration of the time to market
- Support of a cloud-first approach
- A high degree of flexibility, granularity and agility
- The capability to think creatively about solving rapidly evolving future needs
- Ability to extend a scalable, reliable solution for transactional volumes, rating complexities as well as from a cost of ownership view.
Download the full report from MGI Research to learn more about Current’s path to finding the right vendor for its needs.
From the outset, Current recognized that it needed a supplier with deep rating and billing expertise and a partner that could think creatively about solving the rapidly evolving future needs. Implicitly, the rating and billing partner vendor needed to bring to the project a flexible architectural approach. To find this partner, Current evaluated a wide range of billing and rating solutions, and used in-depth scripted scenarios to eventually select the Austin, Texas-based goTransverse.