Here at goTransverse we don’t want to have a big team of Systems Administrators, Database Administrators, and Network Administrators. We have built and continue to focus on the Service Reliability Engineering concepts – where we have amazing Engineers, capable of software, network, data, and systems ENGINEERING. Designing, managing, and maintaining services that don’t NEED administration. We believe in all of our Operational components being managed in the same way as software components. We believe in the principles and methodologies of DevOps, and we strive to empower engineers – whether systems or feature focused, to build and deploy the most amazing, scalable, and effective solutions. Right now, we want to add another engineer to our Operations team – with a specific set of background in linux systems engineering and management. This engineer will eventually join our on-call rotation and be capable of, and responsible for all-around service delivery and reliability with the rest of the goTransverse service delivery team members.
- Play a key role in the development of linux systems service standards, including the selection, design, and management of new systems and procedures
- Create systems and processes to support and guide all developers with systems changes (e.g. patching, package mgmt., deployment, config, etc.), and systems performance tuning/optimization
- Educate the team, and both enhance and simplify the team’s ability to support troubleshooting and problem solving of linux systems related issues
- Define standards for, help create, and maintain documentation necessary for all systems and procedures
- Work with the team through improving, managing, and monitoring both new and existing systems modules and features (e.g. replication, clustering, backups, recovery, etc.)
- Participate in the continued improvement efforts for our existing/future linux systems infrastructure
- Provide 24×7 on-call support for our service infrastructure, as part of a weekly rotation
- Mentor and educate new employees and/or interns.
- 3+ years experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and updating linux based systems (CentOS and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux as a focus)
- Experience with high volume environment, critical uptime requirements, and cloud deployment and technologies
- Configured and managed online backup technologies to ensure disaster recovery and data retention protocols
- Experience with systems management services like Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Proficiency in systems administration on Linux/UNIX-based operating systems
- Experience with high-availability solutions and architectures
- Performance troubleshooting and knowledge interpreting systems events and logs
- Strong shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting experience will be a big plus
- Familiarity with the concepts and methodologies of DevOps
- Experience with terabyte-sized OLTP environment preferred
- Prior experience in a Java-driven environment, or in Java programming, considered a plus
- Data and Systems Security experience (including experience working in highly secure enterprise database environments, etc.) considered a plus
- Solid SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring and management frameworks
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Resume submission is required for consideration. Only candidates already eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at goTransverse, LLC/Transverse, LLC. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.